This online presentation will provide an overview of Iowa sales and use tax, including common taxable services and local option sales tax
Topics covered will include:
● What’s the difference between sales tax & use tax?
● What is taxable?
o Products vs Services
● Common taxable services
● What rate of tax do I charge?
● Who needs a tax permit?
o Types of permits
● How do I apply for a permit?
● How often do I need to file?
● How do I file returns & make payments?
● Are there any exemptions?
o Exemption certificates
● What is local option sales tax and when is it charged?
● Retailer’s use tax & consumer’s use tax